Regaine For Men Extra Strength Scalp Solution is for the treatment of hereditary hair loss in men. Regaine contains the active ingredient Minoxidil which works by increasing the supply of blood and nutrients to the hair follicles, strengthening existing hair and stimulating secondary growth, reinvigorating shrunken hair follicles. This produces thicker, longer, more-visible hair and works best with men experiencing hair loss or thinning on the top of the scalp. Regaine achieves these results without affecting male hormones. You are unlikely to benefit from Regaine if you have already been bald for many years or have a large area of hair loss. Regaine For Men Extra Strength Scalp Solution should only be used by men between the ages 18 and 49.
Regaine for Men Extra Strength is for external and topical use only and should only be applied directly to the scalp. Wash your hands thoroughly prior to applying the solution and rinse any areas that may have come into contact with the solution. Your hair and scalp should be completely dry before applying Regaine. You should hold the can upside down and press the nozzle to dispense the foam onto your fingers, massage the foam lightly into the affected areas of the scalp. Leave 12 hours between each use, do not exceed 2g per day or use more than twice a day.
You should avoid using Regaine for Men Extra Strength if any of the following apply to you,
- If you are female
- If you are under the age of 18 or over the age of 49
- If you have a bad reaction to minoxidil, ethanol or propylene glycol
- If you are unsure whether your hair loss is hereditary
- If you have hair loss caused by drug treatment
- If you have total baldness or complete loss of all body hair
- If the cause of your hair loss is unknown, or it is sudden and unexpected
- If you suffer from high blood pressure
- If you have any scalp condition
- If you have a shaved scalp
- If you are using creams, ointments or lotions to treat your scalp
- If you have a dressing or bandage on your scalp
The full list with details is included in the medical leaflet provided with the product.
When using Regaine, you may experience some possible side effects, if you experience any of the following you should stop using the product and seek immediate medical advice,
- Chest pain
- Swelling of the face, lips, mouth, throat or tongue
If you experience the following side effects, stop using Regaine and contact your doctor or healthcare professional,
- Allergic reaction including a swollen face, skin redness/itching or throat tightness
- Low blood pressure
- Fast heartbeat or palpitations
- Faintness or dizziness
- Swollen hands/feet or shortness of breath
- Sudden unexpected weight gain
- Persistent local redness or rash
This pack contains 3 x 73ml bottles of Regaine Extra Strength Hair Loss Foam, this is roughly around a 3 months supply.