Caverject is used to treat erectile dysfunction and impotence. It contains alprostadil which is likened to the natural substance in your body called prostaglandin E1. It works by widening the blood vessels to enable the blood to flow to the penis more sufficiently, making it easier to have an erection.
Caverject is an injection directly injected into the penis to help assist erectile dysfunction and impotence. You should always take the medicine exactly as instructed to do so by the information leaflet or as the doctor/nurse informs you to. It should not be used more than once within 24 hours and you should alternate which side of the penis you inject into each time. It does take a little while for an erection to occur after the injection and should last no longer than an hour.
You should avoid using Caverject if you experience any of the following,
- If you are allergic to alprostadil
- If you have sickle cell anaemia
- If you have leukaemia
- If you have multiple myeloma
- If you have an implant in your penis
- If you have been told to avoid sexual activity for medical reasons
- If you have a scarred or unstraight penis
- If you have a tight foreskin
A full list of reasons to avoid taking Caverject can be found on the medical leaflet, with full details.
Using Caverject could mean the possible common symptoms may occur,
- Pain in the penis
- Bruising to the penis, possible scarring and/or bent appearance
- Prolonged erections
- Swelling and discolouration of the skin
- Muscle spasms
The following side effects are less common but can be found after use of Caverject,
- The area injected becomes irritated, inflamed or swollen
- The testes or scrotum becomes red, swollen, painful and possibly develop lumps
- Uncomfortable and painful prolonged erections or none at all
- A stronger desire to pass urine more urgently or frequently than normal
- Pelvic pain
- Swollen legs or arms
- Changes in blood pressure or heart rhythm
- Skin irritation and redness
- Eye sensitivity
A full and detailed list of all possible side effects is located in the medical leaflet.
Caverject should not be taken by women. The price shown is for 1 injection. Caverject can be bought online from PharmacyDirectGB and is UK sourced.
If you do not have a private prescription choose "supply me with a valid prescription" to add with an online consultation. The dosage will be determined by a doctor.
You can purchase multiple packs of this product on a single prescription (12) packs